Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Reading Ken Follett

Calling all readers!  Any fans of Ken Follett?  I've only read one book of his (The Pillars of the Earth), and it was wonderful.  I admit his novels are loooonnnggg, but they are engrossing.  Right now I'm reading "Fall of Giants", the first in his Century Trilogy.  It's 985 pages long!  I'm hoping it's a great book, or I'll be in for a frustrating read. So far, so good!

If anyone else has read or is reading this book, I'd love to hear from you!

I just finished "The Russian Concubine", so I'd say that after "Fall of Giants", I'll need to mix it up a bit and go to something lighter before tackling the second book of the trilogy.  Thankfully, there's no shortage of books to choose from.

I may exclusively write romantic women's fiction, but I'm an eclectic reader.  I love all kinds of books, including some memoirs and biography's, but mostly I enjoy fiction (with that ever important element of romance).

I've heard on more than one occasion that reading fiction in particular is a wonderful brain exercise.  Reading is good on many levels, but apparently reading fiction adds another element.  I would imagine it's due to the use of our imaginations, stretching them.  We have to visualize and feel what the author is describing, unlike lazily having all that done for us in movies and television.  Don't get me wrong, I love movies!  It's just not a brain stimulating activity. ;)

Well, happy reading!  May you always have a book at hand, even if it takes you many weeks to finish it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment