Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The "high" of writing

After having a very wishy-woshy writing schedule for the last several weeks due to kids out of school for summer, I finally had a good day of writing.  Well, not exactly a full day, but for 2 1/2 uninterupted hours (that only felt like 20 minutes!), I wrote non-stop.  I feel fantastic!!!  It always amazes me how the act of writing, putting a story together, can give me such a rush.  I'm on top of the world!! ;)

I've never been more connected to any thing in my life like I am to the craft of writing.  It has such a deep and profound hold on me that it affects my moods.  I know most writers would say the same thing.  When we find what we are meant to do with our lives be it write, teach, save lives (that covers a lot of careers), or whatever, the affect it has on us is truely amazing.

But finding your "calling" is a gift, a blessing, and we all come to it at different times in our lives.  I've always enjoyed writing and telling stories, but not until I was in my mid-twenties did I listen to myself and open my life to writing for a living.  And then, not until 14 years later did I make a serious effort to follow that calling.  But it doesn't stop there.  We are constantly growing and learning about ourselves, experiencing changes in our lives and in our thoughts that lead us on a journey we call life.  I feel I'm on that journey, the one I need to be on.  I'm not saying I've reached my potential in any way, I'm just saying I know I'm on the right track.  How?  Because of how deeply I'm touched by the act of writing and on so many levels (as stated above).

If you don't know your calling, or you do and don't think you can make it happen, think again.  Keep thinking and keep your mind and heart open to the truth.  If you want it, you'll make it happen.  A cliche worth repeating.

Go for it!  One day at a time, change your life. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment