Saturday, June 16, 2012

Advanced Dictionary and Thesaurus With Spell Correction

I'm very excited about a recent purchase I made.  I've had a hand-held spelling corrector by Webster for a few years now and I love it! But my needs have expanded. While reading a book, I sometimes run across vocabulary words I'm not familiar with, or that I understand in context, but would like the specific definition. And I NEVER seem to look them up later. Solution? Franklin Merriam Webster Advanced Dictionary and Thesaurus With Spell Correction (MWD-1500) . It's fantastic!! No more 1/2 knowing a word!

When I run across a word I want a more specific definition to as I'm reading, I simply type in the word and voila! The definition is there. There are more functions (many) of this device, but for now, I simply use it for quick definitions as I go. My goal is to increase my vocabulary at a level that will translate to my own writing. Too often I know a word, but don't really know the word. That drives me crazy.

Problem solved! ;)

Hey, anything that translates to increased knowledge is a good thing. The more you learn, the more you know, right?

I recommend this device to anyone who would like to know the full definition(s) of every word they read, thus filling their own personal vocabulary bank. 

As a bonus, it also provides Punctuation & Style info., Geographical Dictionary, Biographical Dictionary, and soooo much more. 

If you want to check it out at amazon, you can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/Franklin-Dictionary-Thesaurus-Correction-MWD-1500/dp/B001WLVHKI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1339889276&sr=8-7&keywords=merriam-webster+dictionary+and+thesaurus

No comments:

Post a Comment