Tuesday, February 21, 2012

So, you want to self publish?  My advice is that you begin with research. Read, read, read all about self publishing ahead of time.  The book, the formatting to e-publish, and the editing are all just the beginning. Then comes the legwork: marketing.  Marketing is a lot of work to get started, yes, but self or traditional published both require it.  So, I'm here to give tips as I navigate the marketing world myself.

Start with two books: 1)Smashwords Book Marketing Guide..." by Mark Coker. 2)Dollars & Sense: The Definitive Guide to Self-publishing Success by Carolyn McCray, Amber Scott and Rachel Thompson.  It's full of good information in an easy to understand and implement format. 

I'll take this one step at a time, so I'll leave you with this first step to follow.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment